Introducing Rate Negotiation - putting you back in control
Launch Date: Friday 6th December 2019
As you know over 60% of booked shifts have been negotiated by locums, we understand that this is an administrative burden for you. With this in mind we are introducing Rate Negotiation, putting you back in control.
Rate negotiation will give pharmacies the opportunity to negotiate the rate and/or mileage for a shift directly through the website which will cut out the middleman, Locate a Locum.
How will Rate Negotiation work in practice?
A shift without an applicant in your most difficult to fill areas and emergency shifts will automatically be opened up to be negotiated by locums. We have completed extensive research and data analysis to create an algorithm that places the ability to negotiate on typically hard to fill shifts.
Once a shift is applied for by a locum employers will receive the application as they normally would (shift applications page). However on the profile card it will be clear that this application is based on a negotiated rate. You have two options Accept and Decline!
If you accept the negotiated shift rate this will update the shift rate based on the negotiated rate and book in the locum.
If you decline will open a modal and allow the employer to type an optional message giving their reason for declining or renegotiation. This message will then be sent to the user where they can either revise their offer or move on.
- Our clear interface allows you to cut down on administration time and accept locums negotiations in one click rather than answering time consuming phone calls and completing follow up administration
- Fill shifts earlier reducing the risk of paying high emergency rates
- Decline - this will allow employers to justify their decisions to locums and renegotiate a lower rate
- Employers can interact directly with the locums to negotiate a rate that suits both parties
- Employers can take Rate Negotiation off on a shift by shift basis
- The final decision on rate lies with you, the employer making sure you’re always in control.
As always, we'd love to hear your thoughts or suggestions on our new Rate Negotiation feature. Please get in touch with our team by email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also check out the full Rate Negotiation FAQs here.