If there was one line to sum up the current care home staffing sentiment it would be this one: “The staff that we have got are just knackered.” This quote comes from a roundtable discussion hosted by Care Home Professional. The panel of industry experts discussed how using digital technology can help support recruitment and retention challenges facing care homes, reducing reliance on costly agency staff.
How to reduce your agency staff spend in 2022
- Aim to use less temporary labour in 2022. Set clear KPIs on this and measure monthly to ensure sustained focus. Work on staff retention, with strategies listed below, to reduce the need for temporary labour.
It’s important to remember that when temporary staff joined the care market at the beginning of the pandemic this was due to hospitality and retail near totally shutting down. As lockdown eased these staff members went back to their initial sector. This means that by recruiting and retaining the right staff you are increasing your chance of employing dedicated people for your residents and wider team.
- Choose the right technology to support your recruitment and retention strategy. If you’re unfamiliar with our bank management system watch this short explainer video that shows how we can solve the challenges facing your business:
How Locate’s bank management system can reduce your reliance on agencies
You can manage your temporary staff compliance requirements from certificates to insurance. This feature is perfect to support CQC investigations as you don’t have to search through paper trails as the information is all available in one place. In addition to these features, you can also utilise the Reports feature for your bank staff.
These reports allow you to make data-driven decisions, for example, you can view market rates comparison per region and how your own rates compare to that of competitors.
We understand it can be overwhelming to choose a technology to implement into your business. That is why our team at Locate a Locum are here to support you:
Identify the pain points in your staff recruitment, managing leave requests and streamlining payroll.
- Explain how our industry-leading bank management solution, can help alleviate these issues.
- Show you how user-friendly our platform really is, with our online live demo.#
- Ask us questions - whatever worries or concerns you may have, let us know! We work closely with our clients and development team to ensure that the platform meets your needs.
Once you’ve decided to move forward with Locate a Locum we will hand you over to our dedicated onboarding team who will assist you in launching our solution within your care home. You will then be passed to our customer success team who will offer ongoing support to you and your team to ensure you receive the maximum benefits from the platform.
Get in contact
If you’re interested in reducing your agency spending, recruiting and retaining staff contact us here. Our team will be able to advise and guide you through the platform to make sure you receive the maximum benefits for your care home. You can read what other care home managers have to say here where our clients shared their experience with our workforce management system.