First up, if you haven’t got a LinkedIn profile then you’re missing a trick. With over 225 million worldwide members, LinkedIn is comfortably the world’s largest professional social network. The site is full of potential employers, colleagues and even customers. You should keep your profile in great shape, including your most recent employers and job title.
But, ‘what if you’re a locum?’ I hear you ask.
We suggest that you add your employer as Locate A Locum and make your job title ‘Locum’. This will show that, although you are self employed you are attached to an organisation that can provide you with regular pharmacy shifts.
There are a number of benefits of adding Locate A Locum as your employer.
Benefits for Locums
- Increase visibility and expand your network - we have over 8,000 locums using Locate A Locum, connect with them via our profile and increase the size of your network
- Add experience to your profile - having gaps in your employment history could suggest not having a huge amount of experience - counteract this by adding Locate a Locum as your employer
- Make yourself more visible to pharmacies and co-ordinators - receive endorsements from pharmacy owners and co-ordinators and give testimonials detailing your experience of working in different pharmacies
- Share referral links on profile - with our referral programme we offer a £10 bonus for referring another Locum. Think how many pharmacists you have on your network. This could be a quick and easy way to earn extra cash
- The job title ‘Self Employed’ currently has over 3 million people on LinkedIn registered to it meaning that if this is your current title then you are unlikely to show up on a search for Locums. This may limit your chances of securing shifts or being noticed by the top pharmacy chains.
- Join Our Community - we will soon be launching a community for active Locums with a whole host of benefits and perks - don’t miss out!
If it’s time to spruce up your LinkedIn or you need help updating your employer or job title get in touch and our marketing team will be happy to guide you through the process.
Locate a Locum is available to download at Apple and Google Play.